As Digital Merchandiser you’ll merchandise all the products on the e-commerce store for one of New Zealand’s most awarded online businesses. Thrive immersing shoppers in a visually stimulating and engaging experience that inspires product discovery and purchase. Enjoy working in a marketing team that does most work in-house.
Promoting baby sleep products you’ll source and size images, write product descriptions, load new products and create sales copy that brings them to life online and sells. Engage customers on our social media pages and groups. Be proud to work for a company with a real community and fan following around their products whose socially responsible.
To thrive in the role you’ll have the following attributes:
- You’re a dab hand at writing succinct, original and engaging sales copy
- Ideally experienced at maintaining an e-commerce site; you get how platforms work, understand how customers search, what products go together and customers want online
- You understand baby products and the wants/needs of parents buying baby products so can write their point of view
- You have a good grasp of e-commerce fundamentals like conversion rate, how to convert, and the importance of the product description
- Have social media experience using Facebook and Instagram and know how to load videos and other imagery
- You’re self-directed to work independently managing your time and workload
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to pick up new systems quickly. Ideally you know Photoshop plus one of the main e-commerce platforms and InDesign would be a bonus
- Be ethical in your approach, we don’t over promise and respect our community and environment
- Love looking after an e-commerce store, taking customers on a journey and engaging them
The Sleep Store is an award-winning online retailer with a loyal market following and established niche, sending sleep, pronto! We sell high-quality baby products, sending hundreds of orders across Australasia every day that make a difference to people's lives. Our great reputation and awards have helped us grow so we now manufacture and distribute. We also run Little Bird Brands & Woolbabe from our New Lynn warehouse.
So, if you want to provide digital merchandising for a leading online company, and social responsibility is important to you, let’s talk!