- 6 month secondment opportunity utilising your innovative dairy experience in NPD projects.
- Auckland location working with some of New Zealand’s best-loved brands
- Fast-paced forward thinking environment where an ability to hit the ground running is paramount
This is a wonderful spotlight opportunity to showcase your NPD skills and experience with some of New Zealand’s best loved and well known brands.
Based at Fonterra Brands in Takanini and reporting to the Innovation Manager - Beverages, the Development Technologist carries out a diverse range of product development, process improvement, technical improvement and cost reduction projects where you can employ your company knowledge and enthusiasm to produce key results.
This role will allow you to utilise and build upon your Food Technology and product development background undertaking projects typically briefed by Marketing, Innovation, External Customers and Operations so an ability to communicate, problem solve and show professional courage across a wide range of stakeholders is paramount!
Your sound technical knowledge of the portfolio of products and the processes used to manufacture them, will provide the springboard to success whilst you continuously looking for opportunities to improve current products and processes.
If you like to walk down the supermarket aisles with pride as you quietly congratulate yourself on the products sitting on the shelves you have had a hand in producing, then this role is for you!
Skills and Experience
This is fast-paced innovation where an ability to hit the ground running, deal with ambiguity, manage a large number of projects and learn at velocity is key!
Success enablers include:
- Strong new product development experience within FMCG in the food industry
- Solid commercial acumen and excellent communication skills
- A proactive approach demonstrating strong initiative
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A drive to be the best and desire to grow personally
- Strength in working in a team and as a team to deliver the best
Previous dairy experience is of great advantage in this role and a tertiary qualification in Food Technology or a similar degree is advantageous.
Hours of Work: