- Lead design and delivery of major infrastructure projects with a high performing team
- Dynamic, fast-growing company with top-tier clients
- Great team environment and company culture
Stellar Projects is looking for a highly experienced professional to join our design and project management team.
Our company boasts a strong and dedicated team, delivering a wide variety of projects to an enviable range of clients. We understand the importance of providing a great experience for our stakeholders - both internal and external.
If being part of a dynamic and innovative team, with opportunities to showcase your ability, motivates you, then we believe we can offer you great career progression. An attractive benefits package is offered.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of our project design team, you will be responsible for excellence in the execution of our project design initiatives. The primary objective of the Design Manager is to provide leadership and outstanding service to clients while ensuring the successful delivery of our high-profile projects.
- Lead our project design team with delivery of major land development and infrastructure projects.
- Manage deliverables such as proposal preparation, job tasks, work planning and financial management requirements.
- Key in developing initiatives and providing practical advice to complement our reputation for providing agile and forward-thinking solutions.
- A strong leader with exceptional interpersonal and business development skills who will truly be an asset to the Stellar Projects brand.
- Provide technical advice to the design team.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Design Manager in the engineering industry.
- Proven track record in a consulting environment working alongside high-profile clients.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/oversee a team of talented designers.
- Extensive experience in civil design for infrastructure and land development projects, using software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering or similar).
- Recognised qualifications such as NZ Chartered Professional Engineer.
- Ability to quickly and effectively establish a trusted relationship with all stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complex ideas in a simply understood manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a clear assessment of requirements and priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, able to focus on critical elements and, at the same time, remain mindful of the big picture.
- A highly motivated and autonomous individual who values being part of a talented team with diverse skills and experience.
- Proven experience in leading a team of professionals to ensure excellence in design.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (outlining the reason for your interest in this position and indicating the match of your skills and experience to our job requirements) to Maria Ridon (email@example.com, 027 444 3315).