- Established, Christchurch-Based Market Leader
- Innovative Technical Plastics Manufacturing
- Exceptional Career Development Opportunity
Are you an enthusiastic engineering leader who enjoys the dynamic manufacturing environment?
Talbot Technologies has a long history of innovation in technical plastics manufacturing and has developed an enviable reputation as a leader in the domestic and international markets it serves. Their injection and vacuum-thermoformed plastic moulding products are world-renowned and the Company is committed to delivering excellence in service and product quality that exceeds the expectations of their customers.
The Company is looking for an experienced engineering professional to lead and manage their small design and engineering team with additional oversight of their toolroom. There is a component of technical sales in this role and some travel within NZ and off shore will be required.
The focus of this role is on:
- People - having fun leading the engineering team but also working with the rest of the Talbot team to create a winning culture
- Customers - interacting with customers and selling Talbot’s capabilities
- Project management and problem solving
- Project delivery - from designing tooling to solving complex design-for-manufacture problems in conjunction with their experienced experts
This role will ideally suit a highly motivated individual with significant experience in the disciplines and processes of professional engineering.
It is expected that candidates will possess:
- Outstanding people skills
- Proven leadership and team building ability
- At least five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in plastics
- A positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude
- A proactive, commercially focused approach
- Experience working in a quality system environment with strong attention to detail
- A good understanding of compliance requirements to systems e.g. ISO or UL
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and ERP systems and CAD programs such as Solidworks.
- A tertiary qualification in engineering or plastics manufacturing
Talbot Technologies operates in a lean environment, adhering to the principles of 5S and manage their operations in accordance with AS9100C and ISO9001.
This is an excellent career development opportunity within an organisation focused on growth and strong profitable performance. A remuneration package reflecting the importance of the role will be attached to it.
Confidential enquiries should be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday, 3 June 2016. All applications will be acknowledged by email.