- Executive leadership role reporting to the CIO
- Promote and champion a joined-up approach to the delivery of services to our customers.
- Work in partnership with senior managers and leaders to deliver results for all MBIE customers.
MBIE's ICT branch provides valuable services to our business customers. Under the leadership of a new CIO we have taken the opportunity to implement a new operating model which puts the customer at the centre of what we do. A new structure will optimise the delivery of ICT services, strengthen our vendor relationships and ensure we are ready to navigate an ever-changing digital world. As a result of this change we have a number of opportunities available to join our team.
About the role
As Deputy CIO Customer Delivery you will work closely with the CIO to deliver and maintain key technology enablers in support of MBIE's strategic objectives.
You will work at the Deputy Chief Executive level bringing business understanding, strategic capability, and the ability to work in partnership with other senior managers and leaders to deliver results for all MBIE customers.
In this role you will take the overview of customer delivery across all MBIE Business groups and WorkSafe. You will integrate the management of project portfolios, the resources required for those portfolios and execution of those projects.
As part of this critical delivery function, you will be responsible for:
- planning and delivery of ICT in support of MBIE business transformation
- scaling and tailoring the services delivery operation to meet the needs and match the approach of individual business groups
- ensuring their delivery teams' activities are consistent with an all-of-MBIE approach
- developing a deep understanding of MBIE Business Groups' short to medium-term technology needs
- owning the end-to-end delivery of projects and services required to meet those needs
- working with senior leadership to transform project delivery and applying rapid innovation methodologies where appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience leading teams who deliver large-scale, high-cost, business-critical programmes of ICT work
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement plans in a complex environment
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and develop trust and credibility with managers, staff, vendors and other stakeholders
- An understanding and appreciation of the NZ public sector environment coupled with senior business management experience
- Expert knowledge and wide experience across ICT disciplines with a good understanding of contemporary best practice principles
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Ellie Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1299202 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm 16 October 2017.
This role requires you to be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.