- Join our world ranked School of Communication Studies
- Newspaper and online presence along with a full time working newsroom
- Full-time, permanent position in Auckland CBD
The School of Communication Studies is part of the Faculty of Design and Creative Technologies at AUT and is a leading Communications School within New Zealand. Journalism is one of 7 majors offered by the School and is well established at certificate, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
We are looking for a Curriculum Leader to lead the Journalism programme of the School. We have a fully multimedia curriculum and this is an exciting place to be - we recently hosted the World Journalism Educators Congress and we are in modern facilities which include a Media Centre and working newsroom. We are considered to be one of the best journalism programmes in Australasia attracting top undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven journalism track record at a major news organisation
- Close ties with industry and effective industry partnerships
- Leadership experience with the ability to harness talent and bring teams together
- The ability to engage with the School to create integrated communications programmes
- A strong interest in ongoing development of curriculum
- PhD in Journalism
You are expected to contribute to the teaching and research culture of the School. There is a particular emphasis on preserving the vital link between professional practice and Journalism education and research both nationally and internationally. In addition to academic and research leadership, strong management skills are required to ensure the academic quality, professional standing and continuing relevance of the Journalism curriculum in the new media era.
We are a senior team with diverse passions and that is one of our key strengths and contributes to our strong programme. We are keen and energetic and we win awards. If you are enthusiastic and ambitious then this could be the chance for you to join our fantastic team.
Please see the candidate information pack below for further information.
Contact Alycia Hurley, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 09 921 9207 for a confidential chat.
Closing Date: 9 October 2016