BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
Creative Lead, BuzzFeed Japan
BuzzFeed Japan is seeking a person to lead BuzzFeed Japan’s ad content and manage the creative team. This role will sit alongside the other managers and report to the CEO of BFJ and Creative teams in HQ.
The candidate will lead the creative team in every part of the creative process, from ideation to managing production to presenting content strategies in client meetings.
In addition to being skilled at managing external/Internal relationships, the right candidate will know how to manage a team of creative talent and create an internal operating structure that optimizes for both creativity and productivity based on learnings from the Editorial team at BFJ.
The candidate should be comfortable to report to HQ in English and update the information on local market. Above all, you must be a personable, upbeat manager that can provide confident direction and leadership to a creative team.
- Build and manage a team of creatives responsible for creating awe-inspiring social content for brands
- Establish and lead the workflow for the creative team, ensuring client programs are done on schedule
- Work closely with Sales/Planners to ensure that creative content achieves brand goals while maintaining a high level of creative and audience understanding
- Brainstorm and work collaboratively across the Creative department to generate ideas and effectively utilize proven formats to pitch to our partners
- Attend client meetings to sell through our story and ideas
- Work with clients and agencies throughout the sale and post-sale process
- Form collaborative relationships with the Editors at BFJ to gain knowledge about BF formats and content that works with the Japanese audience
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- A strong manager with proven record of building teams and directing them to success
- A proven ability to create engaging original content online
- A keen ability to build & optimize strategic relationships inside the company and out
- Ability to lead, balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- A passion for the media, entertainment and video industries