Our new client, a boutique Auckland Design Agency is looking for an award winning Creative Director with a great personal brand, a fresh design portfolio, and an established career in the design industry to lead their dynamic design studio.
The role would suit a senior design professional who enjoys working in a truly collaborative environment but at the same time is competitive with the quality of design work they produce. Someone who likes to stand out in the studio will suit this agency. The role is predominantly branding based and requires a sound working knowledge of identity, packaging, typography, illustration, in-store branding, retail, and general print and some digital web design.
You will have excellent leadership and mentoring skills, have an opinion and like to see others 'do the design' as good as you can. You will also have excellent technical skills across the usual Adobe tools with the ability to work quickly and accurately. You must be able to work to tight deadlines remaining calm and focused.
The successful candidate will work alongside key Account Directors and suppliers to manage projects, and lead the creative design process through demonstrating strategic design capability.
- Min 10 + years experience
- Design & Branding Agency background preferred
- Advertising "craft" designers considered
- Brilliant fresh design
- Strong conceptual ability
- Big brand identity & development nous
- Publication & layout design
- Typography skills
- Has worked in a design team or creative department
- Managing a diverse range of projects simultaneously
- Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Work Ethic, Personality & Culture Fit:
- A leader
- A team player
- A mentor
- Strong and confident communicator
- Technically strong
- Thinks and acts like a creative director should
- Personal brand
- Tertiary preferred
- $150 – $160k + KiwiSaver
- Profit Share
- Potential partnership opportunities after 12 months
- Central Auckland (near public transport)
- First class studio & creative environment
- Organised work environment
- Award winning opportunities
- Great clients
Early or Mid October 4-6 weeks notice is not an issue.
Let Leighton and The Pond agents help you realise your market value and future career potential. Apply today, or get in touch for more information. Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.