Our client is an international financial services corporation with business operations throughout the APAC region.
Reporting to the NZ Board and Group Function CEO, the key purpose of this newly created role will be to take charge of the management of back office operations, helping achieve business targets and ensuring compliance with financial regulations.
This role will ideally suit an operationally skilled financial services professional with local Financial Markets and NZ regulatory frameworks working knowledge.
- Oversee the day to day running, and manage the budgets of the company's back office support functions, including Finance & Accounting, HR, Admin, IT and Marketing.
- Oversee internal and external audits of the back office support functions and take responsibility for implementing recommendations
- Assist in the implementation of the company's business plan by providing leadership to staff in aligning needs to strategic objectives of the company
- Represent the company in liaising with regulatory authorities particularly the FMA, third party professional bodies and banks
- Tertiary qualified in finance, accounting, economics, law or other related discipline
- At least 8 years experience in the New Zealand financial services markets preferably within margins and FX dealings
- Sound knowledge and specific understanding of the products and services, including deposit any payment products, general insurance products, debentures, life products, interests in managed investments and portfolios.
- Strong Corporate Governance experience with a strong sense of business acumen
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build solid relationships with people at all levels/locations of the company
- The ability to work independently and autonomously under pressure without direct supervision
- Attractive remuneration and bonus structure for this step up into management.