Dyson New Zealand
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve people’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines which keep their homes clean.
As a Brand, Dyson is a strong market leader. Dyson is not just #1 fastest growing vacuum cleaner company in Australia and New Zealand; it is also the #2 small domestic appliance brand in New Zealand. Further, with cutting edge product innovation across personal care, fans, humidifiers, purifiers and vacuums, Dyson is now expanding out of small domestic appliances and competing within the top 10 leading consumer durable products in New Zealand (this includes mobile phones), where Dyson is the fastest growing.
With quality engineering, Dyson’s reputation in the New Zealand market is also very strong. Dyson is rated Readers Digest most trusted vacuum cleaner brand in New Zealand in 2016.
About the role
As Country Manager you will lead the New Zealand (NZ) consumer business for Dyson from our Auckland office; developing the Dyson brand across NZ as an innovative, technology-led premium brand. Reporting to the Sales Director-ANZ, you will be tasked with growing market share, sales and profits sustainably, across channels; and to leverage full retail potential for all product categories.
The NZ market is not new to Dyson but still we will be looking to this individual to leverage their knowledge, experience and networks to drive awareness, presence and growth.
- Build the team and business in New Zealand, providing inspirational leadership and clear objectives for your team
- Work in partnership with Australian leadership community to deploy the business strategy for APAC
- Create action plans to deliver 18 month and 5 year strategy and annual plans to deliver business results (volume and revenue)
- Establish strongest possible commercial relationships with key customers & local agency partners maximising profitability
- Take the fight for product leadership to competitors and exploit fully our technological advantages, monitor competitor activity, and work with Group to develop strategies to outperform the competition
Dyson has established a regional hub office in Auckland to manage the New Zealand market. The business will scale rapidly over the next 5 years and we are building the team who will grow this business. This is an exciting time for you to join Dyson and play a pivotal role in the strategic expansion plan for New Zealand.
You are a Sales professional with 10+ years of experience in a sales focused role, as P&L owner or leader of a significant business segment. As a people leader you are able to energise and inspire your team to deliver ambitious growth targets while managing ambiguity effectively.
This role also requires:
- Past work experience working with established multinational companies in Australia/ New Zealand
- Some experience demonstrating a start-up mentality will be advantageous
- Commercial – sales and marketing experience, with a proven track record of delivering results
- A high level of financial expertise and evidence of budget control
This could be a fantastic opportunity for a New Zealand National returning home after working in Australia or elsewhere overseas.
Sound like a great fit for you? This role is available for an immediate start, please don’t hesitate – submit your application for immediate consideration or contact Elizabeth Levick on our Talent Acquisition Team for more information.