The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant or Manager to join our growing national team. Drawing on your technical knowledge gained from your education or experience in industry, you will advise and support our clients in accessing R&D tax incentives, government grants and other innovation/growth incentives. You will engage with technology-active companies to understand their development objectives and drivers, analysing complex project information to assess eligibility for the R&D tax incentive and other government grants. Working in high performing teams, you will prepare detailed work papers and reports to help deliver exceptional results to EY’s clients and play a pivotal role in supporting innovation and growth in the NZ economy.
Your key responsibilities
- Advise and support clients in accessing government grants and tax incentives to support their R&D and innovation processes
- Analysing complex project information to assess eligibility for government support
- Consolidating and preparing detailed summaries of client’s research and development activities within the science and technology field in a clear and succinct manner
- Provide tax advice and expertise to a range of technology-active and innovative companies across multiple industries
- Lead engagements and assist in business development initiatives
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in a global R&D tax incentive programme, ideally gained in a professional services environment
- Proven business and technical writing skills with the ability to articulate complex information to clients and Government administrators
- Tertiary qualified in Science, IT, Software Engineering or Maths ideally at the Master’s or PHD level
- Strong relationship builder with excellent influencing and questioning skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A genuine interest in research, innovation and technology
- A curious mindset and the ability to work with ambiguity to help shape and form an opinion
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career.
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +64 9 300 7044 (option 1).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young, New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.
#LI-EYNewZealand – to post across Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch