This is a rare opportunity to work for one of NZ's leading Construction Company's with over 40 years experience.They have a proven history of investing in people and an ethical approach, you wont find a better work environment as a Construction Project Manager in Auckland. If you want to work for a company where you are more than just a number, then give us a call.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – Auckland
Responsible for Professional representation to clients, site management and quality control.
Reports to Construction Manager (Interiors or Maintenance Manager as applicable)
Primary objective to be an active member of the company, contributing towards our mission of maximising professionalism and profit through effective site management and customer service.
• To implement and sustain strong client bonds before and during the execution of every contract (objective is a satisfied and bonded client).
• Represent the company in all situations as a professional organization by:-
• Clean and tidy appearance
• Professional phone manner
• Dedication to customer services (objective - satisfied client and opportunities for repeat business)
• Liaison with the client, consultants, site team and other interested parties.
• Identification of further work opportunities with current, past or new clients.
2) Well Run Jobs
• To generate promptly a monitoring program.
• Generate a procurement program (with dates from the monitoring program) and liaise with the project QS (to identify priority letting sequence based on long lead time items).
• Broadcast program to all sub-trades at letting time.
• Insure that all long lead trades / materials are ordered asap.
• Involving Sub contractors in program.
• Works completed in logical sequence.
Supervision of Site Managers
• Ensure that site managers have all the relevant project information at commencement of project.
• Close supervision of site managers (objective - reduce end of job remedial lists).
• Attendance at site meetings where required.
• Subcontractors given as much lead-time as possible.
• Advise of detail changes / variations notified to site manager's asap.
• Checking off site manager's project related paperwork (Dayworks, RFI, Client correspondence) before submitting to QS.
3) High Performance / Key Performance Indicators
• Quality workmanship and product that satisfies / meets the client's expectations.
• High Level of customer service that exceeds our client's expectations.
• Minimise defects at time of completion (aim zero defects) & timely completion of all defects.
• Meet or exceed project construction program dates.
• Safety lost time incidents benchmarks.
• Project profitability against industry / company benchmarks.
4) Prompt and Clear Documentation
• Job Programmes.
• Correspondence to client.
• Carpenters fortnightly claims processed, carpenters extra claims day worked and passed to relevant contract QS on Tuesday.
• Complete performance evaluation for personnel at completion of contracts and review with manager.
• Apply for C.O.C. / C.P.U.
• Completion Manuals.
Report to Manager
• On a daily basis between 6.45-7.30 am.
• To co-ordinate labour requirements.
• Program progress.
• Changes in contract scope / identification of implications on a monthly basis.
• To review workload and to evaluate client & sub contractor feed back.
• Office desk.
• Company vehicle.
• Company mobile phone.
• Company management.
1) Areas of individual job responsibility
• Visual tidiness.
• Material supply.
• Program deadlines.
• Quality of workmanship.
• Health and safety.
• Carpenters progress claims.
2) Evaluation of performance in these areas is monitored regularly by
• Client completed and returned Key Performance Indicators questionnaires.
• Feedback from subcontractors.
• The observations and discernment of the site manager.
• Results of contracts.
• Job flow / completion
• Quality of finish
Well-run contracts will result in
• Increased responsibility- number of contracts overseen.
• Upgrade of company vehicle.
• Increase in salary package.
• Regular performance / salary reviews.
Mobile: 022 513 1174