The West Coast DHB is looking to employee a CMHN to provide high quality mental health nursing care across the West Coast region.
There really is nothing like the wild beauty of the South Island's West Coast. From the glaciers in the south to Punakaiki and the drive to the Heaphy Track in the north. Westport has easy access to them all, with its flower lined streets, the Buller River, historic architecture, cosy cafes and soon to be, the site of a brand new hospital.
The Community Mental Health Nurse we seek will be a Registered Nurse, who has the clinical skills required to assist people with current or ongoing mental health problems and to maintain their place in the community.
The key deliverables are the following:
- Provides comprehensive assessments for people presenting with mental health issues, working with them to develop a plan for appropriate interventions
- Works effectively within a changing model of care delivery
- Provision and coordination of psychological interventions
The CMHN role includes case management of longer term clients, working collaboratively with the client, their family and within the wider MDT. Through the treatment process (assessment, treatment, reviews and discharge) the CMHN will ensure the delivery of focussed intervention that is designed to minimise the impact of episodes of mental illness on the individual and their family; support the person in a speedy return to the optimum level of health and independence
To be successful in this role it is essential you:
- ideally have at least two years experience as a Registered Nurse with MH Scope of Practice
- posses a current annual practising certificate
- ideally have a minimum of one year specialist mental health experience
- hold a Current NZ driver's licence
- have proven assessment and communication skills, a critical thinker
- have a demonstrated understanding of, and the application in practice of the principles of the treaty of Waitangi, a biculturism and cultural safety
- have a demonstrated ability to maintain engagement under stressful and difficult circumstances
- have a demonstrated ability to work with a high level of autonomy, and collaboratively within an MDT.
This is a permanent full-time position with a weekend roster of 2nd on call 0900-1300. For a complete list of competencies and more detailed in formation please see the attached position description or email email@example.com
Applications are only accepted online so please click the 'apply now' button below!