NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Consumer conversations and relationships fuel the work of Nike Marketing. It’s the fuel that has built one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Nike Marketing captures the science, art and emotion of Nike’s innovations and connects them with the hearts, minds and souls of athletes. The pros in brand strategy, advertising, digital engagement, product presentation, consumer analytics and more foster consumer connections via channels ranging from Nike Stores to social media. They approach marketing in a way that only Nike can: taking risks, pushing boundaries and inspiring consumers to be champions.
About the Marketing Communications team
The Nike Japan Marketing Communications team sits within both Nike's Global Communications organization and Marketing organization. As a member of the Japan Communications team, this role will work closely with both local and global team members to communicate Nike's story to journalists, editors and other influencers.
About the role
In this role you'll work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists, editors and other influencers. You'll engage in face to face meetings and also develop print and web-based materials to support your stories, and also counter misinformation that may interfere with Nike's business and our ability to serve our consumers.
We're looking for a great communicator who understands Nike's product and innovation and can relay this to external parties directly as well as through well-written press releases and FAQs.
This role will report to the Director of Communications, Nike Japan.
The role will require some travel to Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon as well as media capitals such as London, New York and Paris.
1. Devise press strategies and provide communications guidance related to Nike's products and major initiatives.
2. Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, editors and influencers.
3. Plan and organize press conferences and media interviews.
4. Manage relationships with external PR agencies.
1. Four year University degree.
2. Minimum five years of PR experience. Marketing experience is a plus but is not a requirement.
3. Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects against aggressive deadlines simultaneously in an organized fashion.
4. Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English (minimum TOEIC 850+).