BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to oversee editorial and corporate communications for BuzzFeed’s UK, France, Germany and Spain editions.
Based in London, the Communications Manager will be responsible for amplifying BuzzFeed news and entertainment content in the press and raising the company’s profile among key audiences, focussing on a mix of story pitches, media relations, announcements, events, speaking engagements and thought leadership opportunities.
Reporting to the Director of International Communications in New York, this is a fantastic opportunity for a self-starting, strategic storyteller to work with BuzzFeed’s editors and business leaders in London, Paris, Berlin and Madrid to amplify their work globally. This effort is critical in continuing to build BuzzFeed’s presence in international markets.
The ideal candidate will have several years experience working in communications in the UK, preferably in news or editorial PR, and be confident servicing multiple senior stakeholders with strategic communications guidance. Always willing to go the extra mile, they will be a creative thinker and media relations master, with a proven ability to establish and maintain fruitful working relationships with media across multiple markets and convert key moments into standout press coverage.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the main point of contact for all things PR and comms across the UK and Europe.
- Partner with Director, International Communications to develop clear, consistent messaging and shape BuzzFeed’s narrative across Europe.
- Collaborate internally with teams across the company’s international offices, including news & editorial, business, video, events and marketing, to secure consumer press and trade coverage that builds BuzzFeed’s presence worldwide.
- Advance relationships with press and relevant influencers across key European markets (emojis and gifs welcome!)
- Develop pitches, briefs, media alerts, thought leadership materials and other press assets that reflect BuzzFeed’s mission and values.
- Service key stakeholders including EIC BuzzFeed UK, SVP Brand Strategy Europe, EIC France, EIC Germany, Founding Editor Spain and more.
- Extensive communications experience, including news or editorial PR.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape across Europe – particularly in the UK.
- Proven ability to pitch and secure placements among top-tier media, trade and consumer press outlets.
- Ability to move fast, work cross-functionally and successfully manage projects across various departments in multiple markets.
- Excellent organisation skills, experience and ease working with senior executives, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Management experience, preferably including teams or agencies in multiple markets.
- Strong news judgement and a passion for media and the Internet are a must.
- A sense of humour doesn’t hurt and neither does a love for Twitter!