· Dual role – Commissioner and Chief Executive
· Diverse stakeholder engagement; strong relationship management focus
· Based in Wellington CBD
Utilities Disputes Ltd provides a free and independent dispute resolution service for electricity, gas, and water complaints, and disputes about access to shared property for fibre installations.
The Commissioner leads the professional and independent resolution of utilities complaints, and also serves as the Chief Executive, leading the organisation’s strategy. The overall objective of the role is to ensure an independent, effective and efficient alternative dispute resolution service is available to New Zealanders and to instil and maintain a high-performance organisational culture committed to that strategy.
The Commissioner we are seeking will be a strong, inclusive leader who brings a clear, strategic perspective, an innovative approach to organisational growth, and well-honed relationship management skills.
· Significant experience and proven track record in alternative dispute resolution, and an understanding of legal principles
· Sound judgement and the ability to make independent, clear and robust complaint resolution decisions
· Proven ability of achieving organisational goals at an executive level, with experience in supporting a Board
· Open and transparent, with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
· Demonstrated financial and people management expertise
· Commercial acumen and well developed negotiation skills
· Forward thinking, with the ability to identify and capitalise upon opportunities
· Very highly developed plain English written and oral communication skills
For more information about Utilities Disputes and the role of Commissioner, please visit their website at www.utilitiesdisputes.co.nz.
Applications close: 12.00pm Friday 18 October 2019
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069