There really is nothing like the wild beauty of the South Island's West Coast. From the glaciers in the south to Punakaiki and the Heaphy Track in the north. Greymouth has easy access to them all, with its shop lined streets, the Grey River, historic architecture, cosy cafes and soon to be, the site of a brand new hospital.
But living on the West Coast is much more than its breath-taking scenery and outdoors activities. It is a community of individuals all enjoying the spoils of Mother Nature whilst living a lifestyle that is balanced and rewarding. Short drives to work, flexibility in the work place and a dynamic calendar of community events are examples of how you will enjoy a balanced lifestyle without sacrificing a fulfilling career
A key part of the West Coast is its District Health Board, which consistently ranks highly in the quarterly reviews of all DHB's. Come and be part of this success and share with the community your clinical midwifery skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- planning, developing and implementing the New Zealandmaternity model of care
- providing clinical leadership in midwifery across the West Coast
- co-ordination of department activities and provision of a safe environment for practice
- ensuring the service is operating within budget
- management of staff and liaison with LMC midwives.
To be successful you will have:
- extensive clinical (preferably rural) and management experience
- demonstrated ability to enthusiastically lead a diverse team in a challenging but supportive environment
- a commitment to innovative quality improvement and be familiar with managing change
- or be working towards an appropriate post graduate qualification.
You will be well remunerated based on your experience and qualifications and in addition, you will be offered a package of relocation and resettlement. Take a break from the busy city life and experience the pristine scenery of the West Coast in this exciting leadership opportunity.
Please see the attached position description for more information.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at https://westcoastdhb.careercentre.net.nz to complete an application or for any inquiries, contact John Ray, Recruitment specialist on firstname.lastname@example.org