If you are an excellent, motivated engineer looking to build a strong career with a market-leading, New Zealand-owned company, we have a place for you.
Current projects include a wide variety of technical work across several sectors, including all aspects of landfill design and operation, earthworks engineering, contract management, 3-waters infrastructure design, sustainable urban stormwater design, coastal infrastructure, roads and rail. With T+T, you will get to work with excellent clients and our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and planners through the whole life of a project - from concept design and consenting right through to tendering and construction - you will get to see your designs get built, and you'll have opportunity to get experience in all the stages of the project.
- Work with industry-leading senior engineers, drawing core support from your Environmental Engineering & Management colleagues in Wellington, with a larger team of specialists throughout New Zealand and in Melbourne to support your development.
- Work on long term projects within Environmental Engineering & Management, as well as with the wider T+T organisation across NZ and Australia
- Develop your career and broaden your technical skills, gain experience through different disciplines
- Be involved in decision making
- Direct client interaction, with long standing, well established clients
- Track new technology developments and use them in your designs, with an innovative approach, and stimulating problem solving
- Work with a team of 12D and CAD designers, senior engineers, and contract management specialists to turn your designs into reality - with T+T, you get to see your designs get built
- Experience different areas of work to develop your skills and gain experience across several sectors: waste, industry, water, natural hazards, infrastructure, and land development.
- Prepare concept designs, design drawings and design reports
- Prepare technical specification and construction quality assurance plans
- Conduct field work and field management during construction supervision
- Assistance with preparing tenders and proposals
- Build constructive relationships with clients and with technical specialists across disciplines within T+T.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer (BE Civil or equivalent), to join our Auckland team. The role involves work on a wide range of exciting projects that involve all aspects of civil design. You will be responsible for the delivery of projects in respect to quality, programme and budgets. This will include interfacing and co-ordinating outcomes from related disciplines such as geology, hydrogeology, geotechnical engineering and contaminated land together with assisting client relationship building.
- Bachelor or Masters in Engineering (Civil/ Environmental/Geotechnical)
- 5+ years' consultancy experience
- Previous experience in engineering design and construction work, such as landfill design, earthworks construction, major land development, mines/quarries, or similar
- Given the consultancy nature of our business, you will have excellent verbal and written skills
- Have the ability to work autonomously so your confidence, organisational skills and ability to multitask will be fully utilised
- Problem solving skills.
The ideal candidate will be recently chartered or working towards their chartered accreditation with broad hands-on civil design knowledge. An appreciation for geotechnical, structural, or mechanical disciplines would be advantageous also.
We are a dedicated team of professionals who enjoy our work and like to have fun! Tonkin & Taylor is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference.
We offer an annual wellbeing allowance, an active social club, a personalised learning and development plan and a stimulating and supporting working environment. We are proud of our supportive and high-achieving company culture.