About MBIE and INZ
The Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is a large complex 24/7 global organisation with 28 offices globally and over 3300 employees including 520 offshore.
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is MBIE's largest group. INZ's purpose is to connect communities to the world's best people for a prosperous New Zealand.
Our Beijing Office has an excellent reputation for developing innovative solutions and designing tools to improve processes.
It's a fast paced environment but we make time for fun and have a strong focus on wellbeing - for instance having a short team run exercise session every afternoon which could be anything from stretching, dance, yoga or Tai Chi.
About the role
As a Finance Manager in our INZ Beijing Area Office you will work alongside the business to set the direction and drive the implementation of the business group's financial strategy.
Working with a New Zealand based Finance Business Partner, you will use your initiative to provide authoritative financial advice and influence senior stakeholders as well as lead the financial management for Immigration New Zealand in China.
You will achieve this by aligning with the business and providing accurate, high quality, multi-year strategic financial advice to influence the strategic and operational decision making process.
Why should you join us?
- We promote a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues, to think outside the box and contribute to continuous improvement.
- We offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
- You will be working alongside with the effective, creative and enthusiastic team in Beijing, where each one is treated with respect and dignity
- Our collaborative team encourages a positive, customer focussed, innovative and best in class attitude.
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience in management reporting within large, complex and diverse organisations
- Strong experience in driving outcomes and managing diverse stakeholder interests
- Strong analytical, strategic and planning skills as well as being commercially savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, the ability to articulate complex messages clearly, simply and concisely in both English and Mandarin
- A self-starter with the ability to challenge the business
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and successful working relationships
- Strong team player and ability to collaborate and contribute at senior leadership team level
- High standards of professionalism and performance driven
- Experience in working with teams from different locations
- Experience in leading successful change initiatives
- Chartered Accountant Qualification or the equivalent and relevant experience will be required.
There will be no assistance with additional living expenses or relocation costs.
You will be hired as a locally engaged staff member under the employment laws of the People's Republic of China. The relevant law specifies that only Chinese or New Zealand citizens can obtain the permission to work for INZ Beijing Area Office in China.
How to find out more and apply
All applications must include CV and a cover letter of no more than 250 words which describes how your skills and experience relate to the key capabilities of the position. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5pm NZ time (1pm Beijing time) on Sunday 3 September 2017.
Applications for this position must be made online through the MBIE careers website https://careers.mbie.govt.nzand search for job reference MBIE/1292111