- Join our new Ministry and influence change for all New Zealanders
- Improve outcomes for vulnerable children
- Take on this critical technology leadership role
The Ministry for Vulnerable Children, Oranga Tamariki is the new Ministry that supports the vulnerable children and young people in New Zealand. Oranga Tamariki works to advance the wellbeing and positive long-term outcomes of children and young people. In everything we do, the wellbeing and best-interests of children are paramount. The voices of children and young people underpin the design and operation of our services.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting a Chief Technology Officer to join our new Ministry. You will drive the technology strategy required to enable our business to deliver on its vision to advance the wellbeing and positive long-term outcomes of children and young people.
In this role you will bed expected to
- Develop the organisation's ICT vision, working closely with the GCIO and in line with industry best practice, better to meet the needs of front line workers and, through them, the needs of children and families.
- Build, develop and manage an in-house technology team to support delivery of the strategy, acting as an expert commissioner and assurer of external service providers.
- Partner with operations, providing technological innovation that creates value and makes it easy for staff and clients to help children.
- Advise and support the wider Oranga Tamariki Change Programme to ensure that the organisational strategy is full supported by strong technology capabilities
Skills and experience:
You will have substantial senior management experience in an IT environment and an intimate knowledge of what it takes to enable outcomes through technology. You will be a big picture thinker with the people skills and strategic nous to navigate a complex environment. You will have experience of driving your managers and team to deliver the wider organisational goals and play your part in the larger purpose.
What we offer
We offer a dedicated and supportive team, flexible work options and the opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of vulnerable Tamariki.
If you want to be part of changing the way New Zealand supports our most vulnerable please apply now.