This is a high impact opportunity, playing a critical role in the future of a global software company.
Vend is an award-winning, venture-backed tech company and our mission is simple: to create remarkable retail life. We help 20,000 retailers around the world build thriving businesses, live more fulfilling lives and create experiences that people love.
We also aspire to be a remarkable company creating career defining opportunities for our people. We have a team of 250 people in Auckland, Toronto, London, Melbourne working to delight our retailers.
As Chief Product Officer you will lead, develop and grow our Product team to deliver a world-class product. You’ll report directly to the CEO, and be a valued member of the Executive team.
What are we looking for?
- Deliver value for our retailers. This is the ultimate measure of success. You’ll need to do this through new features, UX/design, data, API/partnerships, step-out products, influencing our customer-facing teams.
- Own the holistic product vision and product roadmap. You’ll work closely with our CEO, Founder, technology and commercial leaders to define the future of Vend’s product and the path to get there.
- Lead the team. Humans build Vend’s product, and you’ll be responsible for helping those humans become really good at what they do. You have first class leadership skills and are responsible for developing and mentoring a team (currently 12). You can recruit exceptional talent in a competitive market, and coach, engage and mentor those people.
- Contribute to company strategy. Product strategy and company strategy have to be in sync. You’ll help to shape company strategy, and make sure that our product delivers on it.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re empathetic and genuinely care about the people who use and buy technology.
- You’ve got a good head for business and data/analytics, and have a track record of delivering business outcomes through innovation and product development.
- You have extensive experience implementing and evolving best practice product management disciplines at a company of comparable size and complexity. You know what great product practice looks like and can easily converse in commercial, UX/design, and technology concepts.
- You are an excellent communicator and are confidently able to collaborate and influence with a variety of stakeholders. You have the courage to represent contrarian views and take unpopular decisions where necessary.
- You are an advocate for Vend’s values and a champion for your team. You are able to ensure clear communication flows from team to team and to the wider executive team.
- Experience in a related field (eg SaaS, POS, payments, retail) is valuable, but its not critical. Either way, you will be hungry and quick to learn.
We’re building software for thousands of people all around the world and we’re not an ordinary company. We welcome people from all backgrounds and encourage our people to bring their best selves to work. Our team includes parents, people who are self-taught and university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.