NZ Post connects New Zealanders and New Zealand Business. Against a backdrop of change, digitisation, globalisation and increasingly complex supply-chains, the organisation has continued to transform its network, technology, structure and capability to meet customer needs while optimising performance. NZ Post is a customer centric business and has an unprecedented opportunity to further grow into an organisation that has the energy and agility to continue to play a critical role in New Zealand’s future.
As a member of NZ Post’s Executive team, the Chief Financial Officer, will play a pivotal role in commercial leadership, strategy development and the successful delivery of future growth plans. As a modern finance leader operating in a world where innovation and disruption are constant, your responsibilities will include;
- Advising on strategies beyond the traditional finance function from investment, market presence and product mix or service lines – supporting value creation through understanding of material issues and investment in and integrated ‘six capitals’ thinking;
- Leading the finance functions for the organisation, while providing timely flow of information for critical organisational decision-making;
- Ensuring financial rigor and control, while being fully engaged in the world of supporting business growth and profitability;
- Through your team, leading financial operations, encompassing consolidated management accounting and statutory reporting, treasury including cash flow management, and intercompany transactions;
- Ensuring that the group is compliant with all financial regulations and legislation;
- Supporting the Chief Executive and business leaders in achieving organisational goals and objectives using modelling and analysis to provide insightful actionable intelligence;
- Ensuring that reporting, controls and enterprise risk programs are operating and functioning as intended and, critically;
- Taking a lead role in the management of a diverse range of stakeholder relationships both within and external to the business – including, but not limited to customers, directors, Treasury, and support of shareholder relations.
Located in Wellington, the CFO must be able to take an enterprise view in meeting the demands of a rapidly changing industry, that on one hand requires a sustained level of control, streamlining and expense management and on the other hand presents tremendous growth opportunities and new revenue streams in the parcel and ecommerce businesses. The role requires a fully developed finance leader that can optimise and at times rationalise in order to drive shareholder value while meeting the organisations legislative obligations.
Candidates must have a relevant tertiary qualification and will preferably be CA qualified or similar. A background of success in a large and complex enterprise that requires visible and connected leadership is desirable.
A Candidate Information pack is available for interested candidates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent this.
This search process is being managed by SWR Group on NZ Post’s behalf. To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Alternatively, to find out more contact Graeme Sandri on +64 29 248 8502 or Sean Brunner on +64 21 712 891.