· Strategic Financial Leadership
CentrePort is one of the largest seaports in New Zealand, located at the heart of the nation’s transport network. With a natural, sheltered, deep-water harbour, ongoing investment in modern cargo handling technology and equipment, and linking with all parts of the logistics supply chain, the Port is pivotal in the efficient handling of cargo for the businesses and communities of the Central region. CentrePort employs 250 staff and generates annual revenues of $76m. The company is commencing a comprehensive business-wide asset regeneration programme.
An aspirational and commercially astute CFO is sought to provide strategic and operational financial leadership to support the organisation. Reporting to the CEO and leading the Finance Group, the role will provide the long-term planning and informed advice to the Executive Team and the Board to inform decision making, mitigate risk, and ensure financial security. Areas of responsibility will include risk management, procurement, financial and business analysis, reporting, contract and records management, business support and annual planning. Leadership of the ICT team is included in the role and is of strategic importance to CentrePort’s investment for the future.
The successful applicant will have the professional credibility to appropriately challenge and inspire confidence with the CEO and Board. Proven ability to provide high calibre leadership and manage adversity is essential, as is a focus on team building, innovation and communication.
Key attributes sought in applicants, will include:
· Proven financial business leadership within a complex commercial setting, preferably in a capital-intensive organisation.
· Exceptional people leadership skills, with the ability to influence and shape a culture of delivery and action.
· Proven ability to appropriately challenge in order to improve business performance, long term planning and the customer experience.
· Superior communication skills with proven ability to translate financial complexity into commercial reality.
· CA, plus a tertiary business or commerce qualification.
CentrePort prides itself on adding value for its customers, shareholders and the community. This is an exceptional opportunity for a commercially courageous and visionary CFO to play a pivotal role within an organisation on a journey.
Further information on CentrePort can be viewed at www.centreport.co.nz.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com. Applications for this role close on Friday 16 February 2018.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.