Leading Transformational Change
Strategic Health Sector Leadership Opportunity
Work in Partnership with People and Communities
The Southern District Health Board is responsible for planning, funding and providing health and disability services to a population of over 300,000 across the Otago and Southland regions. This role requires a unique blend of commercial and health sector experience on a significant scale.
The Southern DHB employs over 4,500 highly skilled clinical and non-clinical/professional staff with an annual budget of approximately $900m which is split between the provision of hospital and mental health services and contracts with a range of primary and community health providers.
Suitable applicants will ideally have both a clinical and/or post graduate management qualification and possess the following attributes:
• An engaging and authentic leadership style to inspire the organisation and lead transformational change.
• A commitment to achieving excellent clinical outcomes based on quality service delivery and outstanding and empathetic patient care.
• The ability to lead and foster a change in culture across the organisation.
• A level of innovation and creative thinking that will support and encourage the development of new and more effective models of care.
• The ability to lead a change in performance and the delivery of improved outcomes.
• Sophisticated capacity to develop and promote clinical leadership and engagement.
• Lead engagement and build strong relationships with key stakeholders including the University of Otago and tertiary providers, Primary Care providers, DHB’s, Ministry of Health South Island Alliance and the wider community.
If you are an inspirational and strategic health sector leader, with a focus on transformational change and patient centric services, this may be your next challenge.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 2 October 2016. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Mike Stenhouse or Julie Black on +64 3 353 4352 or +64 3 353 4361