· Diverse Infrastructure Expertise
· The Picturesque Marlborough Sounds
Port Marlborough operates port and marina facilities and plays a key role in Marlborough’s regional economy, facilitating the growth of some of the region’s most significant and emerging industries including tourism, forestry export and marine farming. Strategically located at the junction of New Zealand’s major North/South road and rail routes with the coast, the port provides the South Island terminal for inter-island passenger and freight ferries at Picton. The Port provides New Zealand’s deepest export berth, it is the second largest marina operator in New Zealand, provides services to the growing marine farming sector, and hosts many cruise ship visits each summer. Operations span several different geographic locations and the Company has substantial property-holdings that offer development potential.
Reporting to the Board the CEO is accountable for the leadership and performance of the company. The company is in good order, has an experienced senior management team and a diverse range of operations and long-term investment opportunities. Creating value for its customers and for Marlborough by delivering excellence in services and facilities in a competitive market is the vision of the Company and its team. The diversity of customers and facilities make this a very special port leadership role. Balancing and planning for future trends in freight movement, tourism, recreational boating, marine farming, ferry service configuration, environmental sustainability, property development are some of the interesting features of this role.
Preferably applicants will display the following attributes:
· Proven strategic leadership and commercial acumen.
· Senior executive experience in infrastructure and the application of modern technology.
· Ability to develop new business opportunities.
· Strong customer and community relationship skills.
· Strong financial, planning and negotiation skills.
· Collaborative partnering leadership style.
· Committed to safe work practice and continuous improvement.
· An appreciation of the lifestyle offerings of the Marlborough Sounds.
For further information about Port Marlborough please visit www.portmarlborough.co.nz.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this role close Monday 17 July 2017. All applications will be acknowledged by email.