· Diverse engineering business
· Dunedin based, global clients
Farra Engineering Limited is an integrated and diverse engineering company that provides efficient and competitive engineering solutions to a wide range of local and international customers. Farra has broad capabilities within each of its seven trading companies including product design in steel, stainless steel or sheetmetal, fabrication, machining, installation and commissioning. Each company has its own manager, specialised trades staff, plant and premises. The depth of expertise and capability in people, a continuous investment in plant and a positive culture ensures a seamless delivery for the customer of large and complex projects.
Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive is accountable for the strategic leadership and performance of the business. Working closely with each company manager, the CEO provides oversight and support, and fosters new business development opportunities. The CEO will ensure the company is agile and responsive to customer expectations and market trends, and upholds its reputation and resources to deliver a diverse range of engineering design and manufacturing solutions. Farra’s clients are both national and international. The company employs approximately 160 staff.
Applicants will display the following attributes:
· Preference for a diverse engineering background in a commercial setting with customer delivery responsibility.
· Reputation for delivery and development of solutions to meet complex customer needs.
· New business development experience within a related contracting/engineering type business.
· Enterprise, initiative and openness, combined with highly developed interpersonal and team work skills.
· An affinity with and keenness to live in the Dunedin region.
· The range of business skills expected of a CEO reporting to a Board.
Farra dates back to 1863 and is proud of both its achievements and its past. It has an amazing history and reputation to continue to build on for the future in a modern and fast moving engineering and innovative global market. The company is privately owned and has had lengthy periods of stable Chief Executive leadership.
For further information on Farra Engineering, please visit www.farra.co.nz.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this role close on Wednesday 30 August 2017. All applications will be acknowledged by email.