- Christchurch Based
- Strategic & Future Focussed Leadership Role
- Facilitate Business Growth Through Innovation & Transformation
UniMed (Union Medical Benefits Society) is one of the top four group health insurers in New Zealand, and its employer schemes are the preferred work health insurance for a number of New Zealand’s largest and most successful businesses. Established in Christchurch in 1979 as a not-for-profit mutual society, UniMed has an AM Best “A” (Excellent) Financial Strength credit rating and its member-focused approach has resulted in it previously being rated #1 health insurer for customer satisfaction. Current CEO Dermot Martin has recently announced his intention to retire, creating an exceptional opportunity for a new CEO to springboard off the great platform that he has built over the last three decades.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will continue the organisation’s proud tradition of customer-centricity and will ensure a values-led culture remains at the heart of the organisation. The CEO will provide dedicated and motivational leadership to all staff (approx. 40 via a team of 4 direct reports) and will lead the development and implementation of a future-focussed business strategy, embracing a continuous journey of transformationin order to ensure UniMed’s long-term sustainable future. The CEO will also keep ahead of national and global industry and technology changes in order to enhance customer experience and move into a more digitally enriched environment. In addition, the CEO will also have a good understanding of sales and marketing protocols and will ensure the evolution/introduction of innovative products and services to ensure future growth, increase market share and attract additional strategic business partners.
Driven and energetic, the new CEO must possess significant experience of working in a high-level strategic leadership position and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of formulating, leading and delivering successful strategies in which innovation was key. Well-developed commercial and financial acumen is essential in addition to the ability to drive transformational change and achieve outstanding results.
Candidates of interest will:
· preferably be tertiary qualified
· have open, engaging and collaborative leadership qualities, with well-developed intellectual acuity
· have a genuine curiosity for new technology alongside a global business outlook
· possess a genuine commitment to providing a positive and empathetic contribution to membership lives and wellbeing
· ideally have proven experience in health insurance, membership organisations or financial service organisations, or in an industry where innovation is a core business capability
· be commercially focussed and an outstanding communicator, with an ability to identify new opportunities and build long term strategic relationships
This is a rare and significant leadership opportunity to innovate and create sustainable future growth with a highly regarded, successful not-for-profit organisation, which truly holds the wellbeing of its members at its core.
To apply in strict confidence now, click ‘Apply for this job’ or email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting 7093sk. Applications close on 12 July 2020. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view the Candidate Briefing Information please click here.
For more information please phone Mike Stenhouse on +64 27 442 8348.