- Innovation, Collaboration, Integration
- Dunedin, New Zealand
WellSouth is the primary health organisation (PHO) for Otago and Southland; a large and diverse rural region with 300,000+ enrolled patients and a leader in innovative patient care initiatives. Working with healthcare clinicians (84 general practices), Southern DHB, healthcare providers, iwi and local communities, WellSouth co-ordinates the delivery of innovative patient focused primary care by the right provider, in the right place and when needed. It is a collaborative regional effort seeking to minimise the impact of illness and maximise health and wellbeing across areas with high population growth and areas of remoteness.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board, the CEO will lead the implementation of the next phase of integrated care developments, including the application of world leading technology that will improve patient access to care and quality of clinician decision making. The key focus of the CEO and the management team is the quality of the patient outcome. This is a very active collaborative leadership role encompassing the development of new initiatives, service innovation and consulting with communities, clinicians and other providers all in the interests of the patient. With offices in Dunedin, Invercargill and Central Otago, WellSouth employs 130 staff and works closely with the Southern DHB leadership team in shaping and delivering the primary/community healthcare strategy.
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Proven leadership experience likely within the health sector, or a similarly complex organisational service provision setting.
- A passion for community and an understanding of the nuances of publicly funded services.
- Superior relationship, collaboration, influencing and communication skills.
- Proven organisational performance monitoring, financial management and planning skills.
- Experience in applying smart technology to the service offering.
- An affinity with the Otago/Southland region and a desire to be part of the community.
Based in the Dunedin Head Office, this role will require regular travel throughout the region. This is an opportunity for a visionary CEO to lead an effective and progressive PHO on the next phase of implementing new initiatives with the full support of the Board.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com
Applications for this role close on Thursday 15 November 2018.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.