- Integrated Rural Health Service
- New Service Initiatives
- Central Otago
Central Otago Health Services Ltd (COHSL)’s challenge is to provide an integrated health service that efficiently delivers modern services to a rapidly growing, rural based population. The CEO’s opportunity is to develop new healthcare initiatives that deliver to community needs and establishes new funding streams whilst managing the existing services.
COHSL is a community owned, not for profit organisation responsible for providing Health Services out of Dunstan Hospital to the wider Central Otago and Wanaka communities. Based in Clyde, Dunstan Hospital includes a 26 bed inpatient ward plus three high dependency units. COHSL employs over 130 staff and contractors in a range of health disciplines and support services. The service provides secondary health services to 25,000 people within the region, which is one of the fastest growing in New Zealand.
Reporting to the Chair of the Board, the CEO is responsible for the strategic development, management and effective leadership of the service. Furthering the engagement with community groups, existing healthcare providers across the district and the Southern DHB, as well as the development of partnerships and additional revenue streams and services are central to success in the role. Vision, energy and the ability to inspire staff and stakeholders will play a key role in the ongoing growth and development of the service.
The appointee will demonstrate the following:
- A passion for leading rural based health care service development and delivery.
- Proven ability to identify, assess and develop new service opportunities and revenue flows.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a big picture outlook.
- Commercially astute, visionary and able to inspire staff and stakeholders.
- Genuine affinity and engagement with Central Otago; its lifestyle and community.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Graham Ewing or Lynell Bell of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email at email@example.com Applications for this role close on Wednesday 19 September 2018.
All applications will be acknowledged by email.