- Auckland City
- Champion Excellence across the organisation
- Senior Leadership role
Do you want to contribute to the development of Aucklands’ Transport infrastructure?
We are responsible for the delivery of a variety of exciting infrastructure projects in design, and construction.
Come lead, mentor and develop Auckland Transport's Engineering team which is responsible for the development of asset management plans for all critical assets and champion our design programme.
About the role:
Ideally this is well suited to an experienced leader who has a well-tuned ability to influence all those around them and a good exposure to local and central government practises
As the Chief Engineer you will come with an ability to step away from operational activities in order to collaborate with Group Managers in the Infrastructure and Operations Divisions and the Strategy & Planning Teams to deliver the Auckland Plan and the Integrated Transport Programme.
You will be able to encourage, facilitate and inspire the team to be effective and deliver on time projects including
· Being adept at developing team work and cultivate a positive culture using an expert knowledge of the latest methods in programme and project management
· Your systems will ensure the asset management system data is fully supported with drawings, maintenance manuals and models.
· You will consult regularly with HR and other managers in regards to recruitment, induction, training and development, rewards and recognition to ensure the health and career well-being of our engineering team
· Key is the ability to recognise the strategy of the unit and how it sits within the plan, setting short and long term goals that enable others to work creatively, and be agile to change.
· You will provide financial reporting, and lead a robust best practice approach to procurement of suppliers/contractor and enthusiastically drive practises in Health and safety.
· Ideally you will also be a champion of continuous improvement, with the commercial acumen for distinguishing the commercial benefits from new ideas will benefit the business.
We are seeking a Leader who will provide consultative advice, set strategy and set the welfare and success of the team as a priority.
Key Skills will include:
· A minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in a senior engineering role in transport infrastructure.
· Expert practical experience and theoretical knowledge in at least one engineering discipline
· High level of programme and project management skills
· Proven successful staff management in a political or complex organisation ideally within a government regulated environment or transport related industry
· A tertiary degree qualification in Engineering or relevant area
· Post graduate qualification in Engineering or Management
· Professional membership in an industry association
· CPeng is required
What's in it for you?
This is a career opportunity to develop your management skills in one of the most exciting phases in Auckland's transport history.
Auckland transport is at the forefront of infrastructure projects for the region and this role is key to helping to progress those projects to completion.
At Auckland Transport we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace where people come first and we feel safe, respected, valued and supported, regardless of our differences.
We also support flexible working that meets the needs of our people and the business, so please talk to us about how we could make this role built for you.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, Apply now and let the journey begin.