• Join our journey to become the worlds most trusted source of dairy nutrition
• Varied role with great exposure to pricing, placement and promotions
This role will provide you with plenty of scope and the opportunity to drive change for our business. As the Category Manager you will look after our cheese and butter category, one of our most critical and hugely important categories. You will have an analytical mind, being able to turn analytics into insights. You will hold complete ownership of pricing strategy, promotions, placements and product range. As category expert you will manage the category map which defines the role of each brand and range, who consumes and who shops in this category. You will be closely working together with the finance and sales team and will be meeting regularly with your retailers to establish trusted and meaningful relationships.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Works with key Marketing personnel to build and implement the FBNZ Category Plan based on shopper and consumer insights
• Use the category map to develop pricing strategies
• Understand competitor positioning to o[optimise growth
• Supports the sales team on any tactical pricing decisions
Drive our relationships with our retailers to achieve real growth for your category!
You will ideally have a strong sales background and clear understanding what drives consumers. Strong influencing skills and being a natural relationship builder with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders will help you succeed in this role. Your understanding of category dynamics, analysis and interpretation of data will make you a strong contender for the role. Additionally you will be change agile with a strong ability to navigate through ambiguity.
• Impressive knowledge across a combination of Sales, Marketing and Category Management
• Experience working in a large international FMCG business
• First rate cross functional relationship building skills
• Strong ability to analyse data and translate insights
A little bit about us
Fonterra Brands New Zealand (FBNZ) is responsible for the Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing of our branded products across grocery, route & foodservice. FBNZ creates some of New Zealand’s most well recognised consumer brands including Anchor Milk, Calci-Yum, Fresh and Fruity yoghurt, Primo flavoured drinks, Mainland cheese and many more. We also lead with our own consumer dairy brands in Australia, Asia/Africa, Middle East and Latin America, and are the largest FMCG supplier to retail customers in New Zealand.
Create a significant impact and drive your category to the next level!