Our client in Wellington is an innovative, dynamic and cutting-edge technology company focused on enabling people to experience human content and each other in the most realistic way possible through holograms. They are now growing and are looking for a self-motivated, highly enthusiastic and talented C++ Software Developer to join their unique team of engineers all of which have a shared vision and passion for creating and developing technology that enables the experience of human holograms to look real and feel as if they are in the same room.
This uniquely exciting role will involve working on tools that transforms video from an array of cameras into a 3D hologram of a human that has true volume, and can be viewed from any angle, on any device in augmented, virtual or mixed reality. You will be using your solid C++ skills and developing and maintaining the volumetric capture and processing pipeline and will be writing high performance tools relating to video capture, data management, and geometric processing. Volumetric capture requires real-time, compute-heavy processing of video data.
The skills and experience we require for this role are:
* 5+ years commercial C++ development experience
* Experience writing computer vision or image processing tools
* Development of applications in C++ as part of a team
* Version control tools such as Git
* Familiarity with 3D geometry and matrix maths
* A strong desire to write clean, maintainable code
* Ability to both work within existing code bases, and design new projects
* Experience using QT
* Knowledge of computer vision camera hardware
* Knowledge of low level image processing such as de-bayering or colour calibration
* GPGPU programming with CUDA/OpenCL
On offer is a very competitive salary commensurate with experience and the unique opportunity create real human holograms for augmented, virtual and mixed reality.
Please "apply" now or submit your CV to Lauren Blumgart at email@example.com.