- Drive better decisions as you engage across the business
- Collaborative opportunity with an improvements focus
- Fixed term for 12 months
This is an exciting time to join NZTE! The programmes and services we offer are designed to grow New Zealand businesses internationally - bigger, better, faster - for the benefit of New Zealand.
We are looking for Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Wellington based Performance team on a fixed term basis for 12 months. This role is key to enabling NZTE's business objectives through operational reporting and the design and delivery of intuitive metrics and dashboards.
To be successful in this role you will need to exercise technical leadership in the design process for Business Intelligence projects. You will be adept at eliciting and understanding the reporting and data visualisation requirements of the business and translating these into useful and easy to understand dashboards and reports.
With an open approach to working collaboratively, and the ability to build strong customer relationships, you will know the importance of adapting your communication style to your audience and instinctively deliver information and data in a visually interesting way that tells a clear story.
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience in one or more current Business Intelligence applications - preferably the Microsoft stack
- Specific technical skills in MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2014 and MS Reporting Services 2008 R2/2014
- Business Analysis skills specifically in relation to data visualisation, data modelling and reporting
- A basic understanding of data warehousing methodologies and data cubes
- Qlik and R experience advantageous
Ultimately you will deliver world class business intelligence user experiences that support NZTE to make informed business decisions, and this is an excellent opportunity to join a team that is growing in strategic importance and delivering real value to NZTE and our customers.
Please apply online attaching a cover letter and see the position description below for further detail. Applications close Wednesday 20 July at 8.00pm (NZ Time). Check out Megan Hurnard talking about working at NZTE here: Video - Director Performance, Megan Hurnard, talks about working at NZTE