NZTE is New Zealand's international business development agency. Based in the New Zealand Embassy, We exist for one purpose - to grow NZ businesses internationally, bigger, better, faster in order to achieve the NZ governments' economic goals.
We have an opportunity for a passionate and commercially savvy Business Development Manager to join our Kuala Lumpur team. This role focuses on maximising collaboration opportunities with our strategic partners and customer engagement in the Food & Beverage and retail sectors so experience in these areas is essential.
As a business development consultant, you will play a key role in evaluating the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of our customers in comparison to their competitors. You will live and breathe business models and assist NZ companies to shape and modify their models to ensure they are fit for purpose within the Malaysian and Brunei Darussalam markets. You will understand what it takes to successfully enter the Malaysian and Bruneian markets and have a deep understanding of supply/distribution channels for Food & Beverage. You will also share your knowledge and experience of the regulatory requirements and navigate the local commercial sales processes.
You'll need to demonstrate the following:
- High levels of energy and drive for results - e.g. Being out of the office networking and closing deals rather than sitting at your desk.
- A strategic focus to assist customers to develop business model strategies for market entry and growth.
- Incredibly deep F&B networks and excellent strategic sales skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify root causes and recommend solutions.
- Confidence and experience in engaging in challenging conversations.
- Proven history of executing go to market plans across South East Asia.