Who we are:
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) works with some of New Zealand's most innovative and forward-thinking companies, helping them grow internationally. Our people are based in 50 offices, working across 24 time zones and 40 languages to support New Zealand businesses in over 100 countries.
What you’ll be doing:
You will work with New Zealand companies (NZTE’s customers) in the FMCG sectors to support them in their growth stage to grow internationally. You will also work closely with your peers and key stakeholders, on initiatives that support customer and industry growth.
- Coach and guide our customers in the FMCG sector to validate and explore options for market entry and future growth through your knowledge of business models.
- Apply our market knowledge and networks in FMCG sectors, research and NZTE knowledge tools to both inform and challenge our customer’s market entry and growth strategy.
- Support our customers to identify, evaluate and compete for specific sales and business opportunities in line with their market strategy, including e-commerce and digital marketing
- Build and maintain networks, particularly in FMCG, that add value to our customers with great advice and commercial connections to enable growth.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Managers, customers, and other members of the NZTE team to develop and deliver growth plans.
- Be responsible for the delivery of high impact in-market projects and activities that support our customers’ growth objectives using appropriate project management methodology as required.
- Provide insights into cultural issues and business practices in Hong Kong to reduce cultural barriers to entry for New Zealand exporters.
What you need to be successful:
- You will be proactive with high energy, great attitude and a passion for growing NZ companies internationally.
- You will need to develop a strong network of engaged stakeholders and virtual team members, therefore, have strong relationship building skills.
- You will be well connected within this Region and Sectors.
- You will have strong commercial and Financial acumen.
- You will have Strong communication skills: English, Cantonese and Mandarin – spoken and written.
- You will have a flexible mindset.
- You will be highly delivery focussed.
Why you’ll love working here:
We are an ambitious team who expect greatness of ourselves. Our environment encourages experimentation and constant learning, intellectual challenge and absolute honesty. We keep promises and honour commitments and We celebrate the mana (strength and dignity) of each other as being equal to or greater than our own.
For more information about the role please see the position description.
To be considered please apply before midday 25th October.
At NZTE we believe New Zealand is good for the world. For us it’s all about the people and how we can work with our diverse global team to be the best they can be. We work flexibly at NZTE and we’re keen to talk to you about what that might mean for you in this role. We’re deeply connected and celebrate the diversity of our people across the globe and embrace how that drives our organisation forward.