Business Case Advisors / Senior Advisors - (Infrastructure Investment & Economics) – New Zealand
• Join a global company looking to grow Advisory services in New Zealand
• Work across multiple sectors, positioning our clients to secure funding and optimise their investment decisions.
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. With a global network of 8,500 professionals, we combine the benefit of local knowledge with an ability to access our people from anywhere, helping clients enjoy the rewards of one GHD network.
A new business group, GHD Advisory, addresses our clients' needs to drive efficiencies and growth across their commercial and asset lifecycle. Drawing upon our technical specialisation, sound business acumen and experience in design, delivery and operations, we devise innovative solutions and cost effective strategies to maximise value for money and deliver exceptional project outcomes.
Advisory complements GHD's existing service lines through six core activities:
• Regulatory, Assurance & Risk
• Infrastructure Investment & Economics
• Asset Management
• Innovation & Commercialisation
• Strategic Communications & Engagement
Sitting within our Infrastructure Investment & Economics group, the Business Case, Finance and Economics team is responsible for providing clients with sound advice around funding and infrastructure decisions so they can achieve optimum investment outcomes. This team is responsible for leading the development of business cases for a variety of clients in a number of sectors, providing economic analysis, stakeholder engagement and analysis of options to support investment decisions.
As an Advisor/Senior Advisor for the Business Case, Finance and Economics team you will be responsible for co-ordinating and delivering analysis for a multitude of challenging infrastructure projects as well as assisting in expanding GHD Advisory's services in New Zealand.
The key focus areas of the role will include:
• Coordinating and delivering assessments of infrastructure investment proposals
• Developing and applying evaluation frameworks including economic modelling
• Leading projects from end to end, acting as Project Manager and guiding team members on project delivery
• Increasing market penetration, revenue and utilisation through expanded client relationships and new client acquisition
• Work effectively across the virtual team and with other service groups.
You will have:
• At least 3 years' (Advisor)/ 7 years' (Senior Advisor) experience contracting, consulting or client side experience within the infrastructure industry (including transport, water, property and buildings or social infrastructure)
• Degree Qualification in Economics, Commerce, Engineering, Planning or a related discipline
• Project management skills
• Client relationship management skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a local team as well as a virtual office environment with team members in New Zealand and Australia
• Consulting, Government, Engineering or Economics experience desirable
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working for men and women have been central to the way GHD does business. As is creating a nurturing environment where people are empowered and are encouraged to bring their whole-self to work. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from inspiring colleagues as well as personalised career development through the GHD Business School.
• A generous parental leave policy for both women and men
• Access to an employee assistance program
• A variety of flexible working arrangements
• An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity
Our Advisory team in New Zealand operate out of our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your covering letter and resume to Renee Brennan – NZRecruitment@ghd.com.