Building Services Engineer
Join one of the world’s leading engineering, architecture, environmental and planning companies. With a diversified business in property and buildings, GHD has achieved unprecedented levels of performance in this sector. Passionate about improving the built environments of global communities, we have a reputation for providing seamless solutions incorporate planning, architecture and engineering services to help clients maximise returns on capital investments, improve sustainability and meet legislative requirements.
Join a highly-motivated team of more than 8500 people who collaborate seamlessly across the world to enhance the quality of communities in which people live and work.
What we offer:
We offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. Our culture is diverse and highly collaborative. We can give you the opportunity to work on interesting projects with industry leaders. In addition to a competitive salary, GHD also provides attractive career and lifestyle options including professional development through the GHD Business School, flexible leave, family-friendly practices and an active social club.
We are currently looking for experienced building services engineers to work on commercial building projects across New Zealand. You will work on the design of building services for commercial and industrial buildings. Ideally, candidates would have experience in one or more of:
- Building services electrical design for lighting and power supply systems
- External lighting design including street lighting
- Design of HV power supply distribution from network providers to site/buildings
- Control systems functional descriptions and performance specifications
- Detail design of HVAC
- Water services (hydraulics)
- Systems for buildings projects
- Construction monitoring
- Thermal modelling
- Client/site subcontractor liaison
The roles we are looking to fill would suit candidates with between 6 – 20+ years of relevant work experience.
Our Building Services teams operate out of our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch offices.
Key skills required:
- Communication skills
- Commercial awareness and cost control
- Strong client focus (both internally and externally)
- Site safety and quality experience
- Project management
- Degree qualified
- Professional Accreditation an advantage
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your covering letter and resume via the link below. For further information please contact Renee Brennan – NZRecruitment@ghd.com.