BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Video Creative to ideate, write and develop concepts, pitches, treatments and scripts for branded video programs.
They will creatively lead a small team of Video Creatives undertaking the same tasks and should be a creative spark for motivation and innovation. At the discretion of their manager, Senior Video Creatives will direct videos. They are expected to gain a thorough understanding of a client's objectives and ensure they are meshed together with the tone and authenticity of BuzzFeed and our own brand objectives and audience demands.
The Senior Video Creative leads brainstorms with Creatives, attends calls and meetings with key internal stakeholders, as well as calls and meetings with external clients. They will often be on set for productions, pitch concepts and treatments to clients on calls or at in-person meetings and represent the company on different occasions. The Senior Video Creative must be very organized as well as creatively minded as they will lead and manage projects from conception to delivery with tight turnarounds. They should be able to effectively manage at least 10 programs at a time and must be able to ensure the team generates well thought-out and developed concepts in a timely manner.
The Senior Video Creative should have a high level of advertising agency experience, writing, directing, editing and producing experience, as well as a strong ability to collaborate, communicate and client face.
This is a full-time position based in our Sydney office.
- Lead the branded video effort in BuzzFeed’s Sydney office, maintaining creative, production and budgetary oversight on all video deliverables created or pitched by the team. (Pitches, treatments, scripts and edits)
- Write and communicate concepts, pitches, treatments and scripts.
- Lead brainstorms and motivate the video team.
- Lead client meetings and internal presentations.
- Attend video shoots to oversee creative.
- Assist in the development of new video products and offerings.
- At the discretion of leadership, direct film shoots and supervise edits through to product delivery.
- Have a love of experimentation and a skill at encouraging others to experiment.
- Keep up with a fast-paced and varied production schedule.
- Keep track of viral trends, advertising trends, and analyze the results of your work.
- Assist in coordinating pre-production, production and post-production workflow of Branded shoots. This may include coordinating freelance production companies and/or editors and ensuring they meet expectations.
- Track and manage the status of many projects in development, production or post-production at once, managing freelance personnel and their workflow, as well as the internal creative team.
- Must have extensive experience in both the entertainment world and the advertising world. (5+ years agency experience)
- Strong understanding of the BuzzFeed tone of voice and library of work across all platforms.
- Significant experience with, and knowledge of Australian brands and Australian audiences.
- Must have a high skill set and body of work in concepting, writing and executing ideas.
- Interest in and understanding of using data to inform strong creative work.
- Must have script examples and produced video work to show.
- Must be able to translate brand RFPs and understand brand objectives and translate them into content that would satisfy the BuzzFeed brand and audience.
- Very strong communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Calm under pressure
- A team player. Must be able to take direction and collaborate well with others.
- Experience at hiring and supervising freelance personnel, as well as managing their workflow in a positive and efficient manner.
- Advanced knowledge of video pre-production, production, and post-production including workflows and processes, equipment and software programs/tools
- Additional skill sets such as animation, cinematography or performing are an added bonus!
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
- Candidates must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work via a web viewing link.