A career at The Coca-Cola Company is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It's more than working for the global beverage leader; it's an opportunity to be a part of something that impacts the world. From our product portfolio to the planet itself, we offer you not only the chance to build a successful career -- we offer you an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
As a global icon and keeper of the world's most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of The Coca-Cola Company.
We are looking for a Brand Manager for Pacific Islands (PI) who will:
- Develop and build consumer led marketing plans to deliver profitable volume growth across Fiji, New Caledonia. French Polynesia and Samoa.
- Engage the system behind the PI marketing plans delivering Business Plan targets.
- Lead & implement key PI projects; primarily innovation and communications.
- Provide direction and tools to the PI Marketing Bottlers to ensure full system success.
- Collaborate and Support the Public Affairs team on executing brand affinity programs, and safeguarding the compliance on Responsible MKT Policy.
Outline Specific Responsibilities Of Work To Be Done In This Role
Brand Planning/ Strategic Leadership:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to develop relevant brand and consumer insights
- Development of brand specific plans that deliver volume, share and profit results in partnership with key stakeholders
- Contribute to total portfolio planning.
- Obtaining key stakeholder buy in to plans (bottling partners plus others)
- Tactical planning (responsible for delivering vision and briefing bottler Marketing Teams)
- Monitor brand performance and develop proposals to address variance vs target.
- Liaise with Global brand team to obtain relevant consumer programs depending on Market context.
Project Leadership & Execution:
- Provide cross functional project team leadership across key brand plan initiatives
- Communicate clear project vision and engage core team to deliver against this
- Ensure that key project stakeholders are aligned with goals and embrace change
- Facilitate and influence Bottler relationship to activate brand plans & key projects
- Brief & manage agencies to deliver against clear project goals
Innovation – Communication & Product/ Pack
- Develop and produce impactful and creative strategies in partnership with key stakeholders
- Utilize consumer based understanding to drive innovative business recommendations across the marketing mix
- Track impact of plans
- Inspiring internal and external partners to deliver clear competitive advantage and maintain alignment with projects & plans
- Develop and lead a cross functional team (including Corporate Affairs, Agencies, Brand Managers)
- Develop feedback loops to build in information for process change and improvements
Operational Management/ Budget Responsibility
- Management of volume and DME budgets for individual projects across PI.
- Influence business performance by identifying/ driving marketing levers
- Manage relevant communication (equity/tactical/sponsorships) budgets
- Understand and influence product formulation/design (price and distribution)
Qualifications & Experience required:
- 7 – 10 years functional Marketing experience, including Degree qualified – preferably in Business/ majors in Marketing and/or Commerce, other degrees will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting business across multiple, complex projects and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience working on big and/or global brands.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Solid Negotiation skills.
- Effective communicator. Able to synthesize data and insight to build effective selling stories to influence internal teams
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to build successful and constructive business relationships.
- Pragmatic & resilient (i.e. able to stay the course & make things happen)
- Achievement oriented and results driven.
- Flexibility – being able to succeed across different cultures and being adaptable to different consumer / commercial demands (adapting plans & behaviors accordingly).
- Humanistic & encouraging nature – willing to learn, share, support and develop other team members.
- Comfort with commercial thinking – business acumen to understand P&L’s and how to influence results