Our mission at GlaxoSmithKline is to improve the quality of lives by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We recognise this starts with our own highly talented team and are committed to supporting, rewarding & developing them with a challenging and inspiring work place.
We have a rare opportunity available for a Brand Manager to join our close-knit specialist HIV team who share a commitment to deliver advances in treatment and care for people living with HIV.
Reporting into the Head of Primary Care you will have accountability for the development, implementation and delivery of brand plans as well as customer facing responsibilities that will see you providing a consistent, science led and value-added service for HIV Clinicians and community groups that supports best treatment outcomes for patients with HIV.
Your role will be varied and will include:
- Using insights to develop and deliver a comprehensive business and brand plan to drive value and deliver growth.
- Responsibility for the creation and implementation of the pre-launch and launch marketing plans.
- Establishing and developing effective commercial relationships with external experts to promote our HIV products and deliver on brand strategy.
- Supporting the implementation of key programs which differentiate and enhance GSK’s standing in the healthcare market.
- Working in partnership with GSK commercial, medical and sales teams to deliver objectives in line with GSK strategic objectives.
- Continuing to expand your knowledge in the HIV therapeutic area.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in pharmaceutical brand management or Product Manager role with an understanding of the complexities of working in the NZ hospital environment.
- Experience in digital or multi-channel marketing would be preferred.
- Clear and influential communication skills with the ability to work effectively with both commercial and medical stakeholders.
- An aptitude for science with the ability to relay complex information in a clear and tailored format.
- A sharp commercial focus complemented by outstanding account management, influencing and relationship-building skills.
- Tenacity, resilience and leadership attributes.
- Tertiary qualification in science, pharmacology, marketing or a related field.
- Sound financial and commercial acumen.
- Experience in the HIV therapeutic area. (preferred)
Our NZ Pharmaceutical team is a high performing, engaged and collaborative group of people who are genuinely motivated by the impact that our products make to patient’s lives. This role represents a great chance to showcase your brand management, customer facing skills and scientific expertise in a fast paced and varied environment.
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. We have clear values and expectations and we put them at the heart of everything we do. At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.