An experienced BAS Accountant you enjoy seeing what the numbers reveal and helping clients see the big picture. Thrive working part-time with a small, prospering, established accounting practice based in Botany that values a personal service for clients and flexibility for its employees.
Enjoy working 20-25 hours per week with flexibility around hours for family or school events. A typical week will see you lifting the load for the Director and Practice Manager, reviewing files, providing mentorship to the less experienced Accountants, and dealing with client queries.
- Naturally you have a solid background in CA firms but more importantly to really thrive in the role you’ll have the following attributes:
- An instinctive feel for accounting and the story behind the numbers
- A desire to go beyond basic checks and balances and understand that there is always something to be reviewed
- Whilst you are detail orientated you don’t get bogged down in the details, keeping the bigger picture in mind
- A natural affinity for understanding clients wants and needs and perhaps coaching clients on Xero use in the future
- Empathetic, taking real pleasure in assisting clients to get their financial affairs on track and seeing a positive change in their lives
- Service focused, you have a sense of urgency to respond to clients, and leave them feeling that you really care
- Knowledgeable with current tax and compliance law
- Experienced at reviewing client files and mentoring or supervising junior staff to support those clients but having your own clients as well
- Familiarity with both Xero, and MYOB and ideally CCH iFirm
- You don’t need to be CA qualified, but this would be advantageous
- Appreciate working in a close-knit team of 6 and receiving ongoing training
John Packham Chartered Accountants are a very family oriented, values-based accounting firm based on Chapel Road, Botany. We take genuine pleasure in assisting our clients to further their dreams, and on occasion getting them out of a mess. We work to live, not live to work and enable our clients to do the same. Our values of Empathy, Integrity, Communication, Value and Service have enabled us to make a real difference in client’s lives.
So, if you’re an experienced BAS Accountant who excels at seeing beyond the numbers, and you’re looking for a family friendly, flexible role, let’s talk!