The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are seeking a lawyer with 3 to 8 years' post qualification experience to join the Auckland arm of our growing corporate and commercial practice. You will have the opportunity to work alongside EY's Strategy and Transactions and Tax other EY professionals in multi-disciplinary teams where you will be exposed to on varied and interesting work.
Your key responsibilities
- Involvement in corporate and commercial transactions; including conducting due diligence, drafting transaction documentation and project managing a variety of international and domestic M&A, restructures and similar corporate transactions.
- Providing technical legal advice, both to internal EY teams and to external clients
- Contract drafting on a range of commercial matters
- Developing relationships with key members of other services lines within EY with a view to identifying opportunities
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong research and drafting skills with the ability to work with pace
- The ability to structure deliver legal opinion advice in a clear succinct manner that makes sense to non-lawyers
- Natural ability to build rapport across all levels and have a high level of emotional intelligence
- Committed self-learner that exhibits the ability who can to be agile and demonstrate resilience resilient in an ever-changing environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience as a corporate and commercial lawyer in a top-tier, mid-tier, boutique law firm or Big 4 legal practice
- At least three years’ experience,working on including private M&A transactions
- A detailed understanding of companies’legislationlaw, particularly around shareholder agreements, constitution drafting, corporate governance, fundraising, and capital management (share buy-backs, dividends, reductions of capital)
- Solid experience in contractual drafting and some experience negotiating contracts
What working at EY offers
- We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career.
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or phone +64 9 300 7044 (option 1).
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2020 Ernst & Young, New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.