Assistant Station Engineer - Sydney
Air New Zealand is one of New Zealand's most successful organisations. We have a long and proud history as New Zealand's national airline, and our network expands from New Zealand to Australia, the Pacific, Asia, North and South America and the United Kingdom. Air New Zealand is also home to world class engineers who are passionate about aviation and playing their part in keeping our airline safe, well maintained and operational for our many and diverse customers around the world. At Air New Zealand we work hard, get on well and take a lot of pride in wearing the Koru.
We have an opportunity in our Sydney Outstation for an Assistant Station Engineer. Reporting directly to the Station Engineer the role is responsible for the efficient operation of the station, and Engineering requirements to ensure that Air New Zealand standards are met and exceeded.
Some pre-requisites for the role include:
- You must be fully licensed on A320 - series and at least one of the following B777 or B787 - series aircraft
- Hold limited certifying privileges in respect to the above aircraft avionic systems. You must also be prepared to gain full license privileges on other aircraft types as required.
- Comprehensive experience in all aspects of Aircraft engineering
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to be able to deal with all levels across the business.
- Confident in relationship building with the personality to influence others and to make things happen.
- Result oriented to ensure the commercial viability of the business and have a strong passion for regulatory compliance and safety.
Customer satisfaction and communication are key to this role and the successful person will be highly motivated with a "Can do" attitude that will exceed our customers' expectations and deliver excellent outcomes and standards consistent with our company values.
We offer career development and the opportunity to belong to an organisation known for its innovation, customer focus and high safety and ethical standards.