- Gain experience and skills in strategic asset management
- Be part of the new Northland Transportation Alliance
- Make the lifestyle move to Whangarei
We’re reshaping how transportation and roading services are delivered in Northland with an Alliance that’s a first of its kind in New Zealand. The Northland Transportation Alliance is a collaboration between the Whangarei, Kaipara and Far North District Councils, Northland Regional Council and the New Zealand Transport Agency to deliver joined-up services and achieve more for Northland.
As an Asset Engineer, you’ll contribute to the strategic asset management of local roads in Northland with a specific emphasis on the Far North network. You’ll be joining a co-located Alliance team that delivers professional transportation services across Northland including asset and network management, capital projects delivery, the regional land transport programme, and public transport and road safety initiatives.
This role is ultimately about delivering value for money and agreed levels of service to the road user customer. In this role, you will:
· contribute to the development of long-range asset management plans and maintenance and renewal strategies
· assist in the preparation of annual maintenance and renewals programmes, and monitor the effectiveness of these programmes in meeting service level targets
· ensure the RAMM database is current, accurate and well utilised
· co-ordinate inspections and condition assessments as required
· liaise with and respond to enquiries from contractors, consultants and the public as required
· provide roading asset input into wider council policies, plans and standards.
You’ll bring to this role:
· a Diploma or Degree qualification in Civil or Transport Engineering
· a minimum of 4 years roading engineering experience with prior experience or an interest in asset management planning
· excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and developing commercial acumen
· a flexible, innovative and collaborative approach.
Northland is a growing region that offers a warm climate, beautiful forests and some of the best beaches and coastal areas in the world. Whangarei boasts excellent rural and coastal lifestyle options as well as a developing town centre. Plus you’ll be close to Auckland so can take advantage of the large city buzz when you want to without the daily commutes and traffic jams.
Applications close 30 April 2017
Click Apply Now or contact Lisa Hulley on 09 283 9568 in confidence.
Northland Transportation Alliance has engaged Peak Recruitment to assist in the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment.
DDI +64 (0)9 283 9568; M +64(0)27 688 8831; E email@example.com