Thinking of returning to New Zealand and have worked in Technology for one of the major Financial Institutions (CBA, Westpac, Bank of America, Barlclays, Goldman Sachs etc .....) in the world, or have a knowledge of front office roles and worked with traders in investment banks or for a technology company that does?
Does coming up with creative solutions excite you? Can you read code? Are you a master technologist? Do you get bored doing the same tasks every day? Do you enjoy working with complex IT systems? Are you of an analytical and growth mindset?
If you have answered "yes" to the above - we want to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our global client, located in their modern office in Christchurch as a Trading Applications Support Engineer. They deliver to some of the world’s most advanced financial trading systems to some of the worlds premier banks and financial trading groups. Their software manages a substantial amount of funds in transactions across many countries on a daily basis.
There is an option to work remotely from within New Zealand with travel to the Christchurch office for the right applicant.
- Interact with a wide range of people, from heads of trading desks to developers to systems administrators.
- Handle pressure-filled situations involving millions of dollars of trades while remaining cool and collected
- Think on your feet to address issues ranging from missing trades to exchange connectivity problems to system outages.
- Proactively preventing future problems by coming up with both tactical and strategic solutions
- Highly technical - a master technologist
- This is not a development role - but you need to be able to read code and solve network issues
- Strong attention to detail and able to show great initiative
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Bachelor’s Degree - economics, business, or engineering preferred
- Familiarity with at least one scripting or OOP language
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux
Whats on offer?
- Be very well remunerated
- Work as part of a friendly knowledgeable team
- Be well looked after and enjoy team retreats
- Health Insurance
- Amazing annual leave policy
- Flexible working
- and much more ....
New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident status required to be eligible for this role.