Engineering Security, Safety & Security in San Francisco, CA
Uber Engineering is a highperformance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for engineers (2+ years experience) and senior engineers (6+ years experience) with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in
uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
As an Android Engineer, you'll have a direct impact on the rider experience for both riders and drivers. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world. Not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around their cities.
Additionally, working within Uber’s Security Research and Development organization, you will build software solutions to address the real world security concerns of our users and business. We make our products secure while delivering impeccable user experience at increasing scale. This includes developing groundbreaking login experiences for users, scalable systems that detect anomaly and abuse immediately, systems for managing sensitive data and secrets, and common services like authentication, authorization and encryption.
Millions of people from around the world have downloaded the Uber Android application and our numbers continue to grow rapidly. While our global reach is impressive, it’s just the tip of the iceberg as we are prepared to take things to the next level with a small, but phenomenally talented team of engineers.
To be clear, we aren’t just developing an app; we are building an Android solution from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to own new features from day one, work on brand new Android functionality thanks to strategic partnerships, contribute to the design process, and build an Android experience that is second to none.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
● Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java Applications (point us to your apps on Google Play).
● Deep understanding of the Android SDK.
● Crazy stories about supporting multiple Android devices
● You also need experience collaborating on software projects. Cowboy coding is fun, but you have to prove that you can work efficiently as part of a team.
Bonus points if you have:
● Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
● A github account with some cool projects in it
● Scary amazing debugging skills
● Experience developing location aware mobile applications
● Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
● Employees are given Uber credits every month.
● The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
● Sharp, motivated coworkers in a fun office environment.
● 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
● Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
● Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.