The Trade Me app is one New Zealand's most used mobile apps. We have over one million New Zealanders a month using our apps to buy and sell. We’re looking for an experienced Android developer to help us build a mobile experience that will take us to the next million users.
You'll work closely with a tight knit, super smart squad and be the link between the mobile tech squad and other mobile developers around the business.Based in our central city Christchurch office as part of the Marketplace team, you'll be focussed on making our shopping experience even better.
Our app is native and makes use of a wide range of APIs. You'll play an integral part in shaping the roadmap and implementation of the exciting next steps for our Android app on behalf of our growing user base.
In the role you'll be:
- Part of an awesome Agile team of other mobile developers, designers and testers helping to make our mobile experience great.
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Be confident in your technical ability to find ways we can improve, and suggesting ideas and new technologies.
- Getting stuck in to aid continuous improvement of our processes.
- Sharing your knowledge with other developers as our team grows.
- Keeping up-to-date with the Android ecosystem and Google’s plans for its development.
Who are you:
- You’re familiar with common software design patterns and have experience with Java and XML.
- Experienced with or exposure to Kotlin.
- Great with detail.
- Quality focused - you aim for clean code, and strive for buttery animations and transitions.
- You think in kilobytes.
- You'll constantly be looking for learning opportunities, both to grow your already formidable talent and also to share your mobile skills with others.
- You love all things mobile and focused on the needs of the end-user.
- You-re brimming with passion, bright ideas and a plan to bring them to light!
What we have to offer:
- Professional development opportunities.
- Frequent research and development events which will enable you to experiment with new platforms and tools.
- Infinite quality coffee and free fruit.
Trade Me is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our 'informal but serious' work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.