- Play a vital role in animal traceability and TB testing.
- Manage control systems to ensure compliance.
- Assess and advise on applications for accreditation.
OSPRI is a non-profit organisation which operates in partnership with New Zealand’s primary industries and government to achieve on-farm biosecurity objectives through animal disease management and traceability. OSPRI works closely with shareholders, Beef and Lamb New Zealand, Dairy NZ, Deer Industry New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries, plus a range of other stakeholders, to deliver on our value statement: Farmers and markets can depend on us to provide assurance as to the health and status of animals.
OSPRI has a key role in the biosecurity system to contribute to New Zealand’s national and international reputation in animal products. TBfree and National Animal Identification and Tracing are OSPRI programmes.
With a new Chief Executive at the helm, significant and exciting changes have been made over the last 12 months including the recent establishment of a high performing, collaborative and forward-thinking organisation with a strong emphasis on organisational agility. The next step OSPRI’s evolution has been to create a new Analyst, Audit and Accreditation position to support the vision of this team.
About the Role
The Analyst, Audit and Accreditation is vital to delivering the organisation’s compliance and control systems. The role accredits, audits and supports external agencies to carry out responsibilities in accordance with policy and regulations. The role will help to ensure farmers and accredited organisations are compliant with their obligations for both traceability and TB testing. The key focus of this role is to manage the accreditation and authorisation processes, review and liaise with applicants on findings of audits, with any non-conformances rectified, and refer any matters requiring compliance or enforcement through to MPI.
This role would suit someone who:
- Has a track record of delivering and maintaining control systems and procedures.
- Is able to tack data with a strong analytical mind, complemented with the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
- Maintains strong relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions, while ensuring customers and entities are compliant with their obligations.
- Has a good understanding of the role as a regulator.
- Takes on tough challenges with urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Holds themselves and others accountable to meet their commitments.
- Has strong written and oral communication skills.
- Has good attention to detail and records information accurately in the event enforcement is required.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 24 June 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Simon Boyes on 04 550 8000