The Technician for the Blending & Canning Plant will have responsibility for the reliability of the highly automated processes and monitor key performance indicators such as plant reliability, backlog of work, chargeable hours and maintenance spend.
This role will also be required to assist in developing and training Maintenance staff on the mechanics and/or Electrical components of the Blending and Canning plant. You will also be required to provide core maintenance services across site if needed.
Key attributes for this role are:
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Computer literate in basic Microsoft applications.
- Ability to multitask in a pressurised environment.
- Knowledge and application of industrial and personal safety behaviours.
- Desire to learn and grow within the trade and company.
- A Trade Certificate or a minimum NCEA equivalent is essential.
The following experience would be desirable but not essential to fill the role:
- Knowledge of can seaming and gassing.
- Experience in dairy plant or similar food industry maintenance.
- Knowledge and maintenance experience on evaporators, separators, product packing machines, refrigeration, compressed air, boilers, demin, waste water treatment, instrumentation, valves, motors and building services.
- A background in a food manufacturing environment and experience with Food Safety and HACCP systems.
- Experience in root cause analysis programmes.
A very competitive remuneration package is on offer to the successful applicant, along with employment with a company on the leading edge of innovation in milk product processing.
If you have what it takes to join our team of professionals we want to hear from you, so please apply online now.