The TAB is a truly diverse business. We’re a totally Kiwi operation and what we do touches the lives of a great number of people, the length and breadth of the country. Operating just over 550 TAB retail outlets, as well as our own national television channels, we’re an integral part of cities, towns and communities nationwide. When you have a bet with the TAB, every dollar contributes to racing and sports in New Zealand and the livelihoods of hundreds of thousands of people involved in these sectors.
We are now excited to be inviting applications for the role of GM – Customer and Betting. A new and unique opportunity to join TAB in a key executive role, delivering strategic results across product, marketing, wagering and customer.
The General Manager Customer and Betting is responsible for developing and maintaining the corporate brand and customer marketing strategy. The role will drive product development and deliver strategy across our TAB channels, including the future design and use of digital platforms to establish brand identity and awareness, attract and grow the customer base and enhance access and distribution of betting products.
Strategic focus areas include:
- Guide the development, implementation and review of the TAB’s marketing, product and betting strategies
- Direct the development, implementation and review of the TAB’s customer strategies
- Oversee and monitor changes in the market, technology and regulatory environment, competitor offerings and intelligence gained from customer behaviour & respond accordingly
The role will also be responsible for managing the wagering activities of the TAB, for the setting and taking of prices and the consequential management of trading risk. The General Manager Customer and Betting will hold key international relationships so that NZ customers can enjoy international betting content competitively.
The role will work alongside the rest of the Executive Team to maximise profits for the long term benefit of the racing industry and maximise returns to NZ sports, subject to ensuring that risks of problem gambling and underage gambling are minimised
This role provides key influence as follows:
- Contributing actively with the CEO and other Executive Leadership Team members, providing insight and influence to robust decision making and direction of the business, as well as collaboration with peers in the wider leadership of TAB
- Strong and authentic leadership of the Customer and Betting group, bringing together a diverse and technical mix of people and areas of focus, ensuring collaboration and flexibility within the team and across the business to deliver for our customers
In addition, the General Manager Customer and Betting will be responsible for the technology group as a strategic enabler in the delivery of betting products and to consolidate oversight of, and alignment with organisational direction, of key strategic partnerships supporting digital delivery and access to customers. The role also leads the team that undertakes analytics including business intelligence which in turn supports the review and refinement of the organisation’s strategy, implementation, and performance.
This is an exceptional and rare opportunity for a motivated and engaging leader with strong experience in the betting industry – with indirect reports of 110+ we are eager to engage with executives demonstrating remarkable people leadership and a genuine drive to achieve results.
We are seeking the following experience and skillset:
- Extensive background in a betting or gambling organisation
- Successful executive Leadership in a complex environment
- Demonstrated high levels of betting and business acumen
- Proven ability to implement coherent retail, marketing and other sales channel strategies in a complex environment
- Previous success in the development of betting products and building/directing strong product teams
- Experience in leadership roles for Marketing, Product, Customer & UX, Technology and Betting/Wagering
- Ability to build effective, high performing diverse teams and skills in effectively managing employment relationships
- Proven experience to operate collaboratively and think both strategically and tactically
Of the utmost importance is alignment with our organisational values, and the spirit and motivation to move forward in a manner true to these values:
- Be open and curious
- Courage to do the right thing
- Make it happen
- Winning together
We’re on a mission to enhance Kiwis’ involvement and enjoyment of racing and sport, by providing a thrilling betting, racing and sports experience, and maximising profit for the racing industry and returns to NZ sports.
As the GM Customer & Betting, you will be a key part of our four person Executive Leadership Team in making strategic and commercial choices that enables us to deliver on our Statement of Intent and ensure our strategy and plans position us optimally for the future.
Applications are now open, please follow the link and apply via our platform – for further information or a confidential discussion you may contact Alex at the following:
+64 27 252 5770